This camera manual library is for reference and historical purposes,
all rights reserved.
This page is copyright by , M. Butkus, N.J.
This page may not be sold or distributed without the expressed permission of the producer
I have no connection with Chinon Co., Japan
If you find this manual useful, how about a donation of $2 to:
M. Butkus, 29 Lake Ave., High Bridge, NJ 08829
Most other places would charge you $7.50 for a electronic copy or $18.00 for a hard to read Xerox copy.
Back to main Camera Manual Site
CLICK HERE FOR PDF FILE MADE FROM THIS PAGE
Dear CHINON Customer:
Congratulations! You have just purchased the world's most advanced and sophisticated 35mm Power Winder designed exclusively for CHINON compact SLR cameras.
This remarkable accessory, in application, will open up new horizons of creative photography for you. Every aspect of sequential motorized is now a reality due to the revolutionary concept of utilizing electronic minaturization.4www.butkus.org
This remarkable winder represents the culmination of years of extensive research and development from the world's finest engineers. To derive the utmost performance from your CHINON Power Winder, we recommend that you study this booklet carefully.
We wish you many enjoyable and productive photographic
experiences with your CHINON equipment.
Approx. 0.5 sec.
Shutter Speed Range
Single 8 -1/1000 sec.
Continuous 1/2 -1/1000 sec.
Power Source - OFF 4www.butkus.org
Single Frame - S ; Continuous - C
6V 4 AA (Penlite) Alkaline Batteries (By one touch detachable battery container)
Red Indicator Lamp for "S" and "C"
Battery Life (Number of films)
Minimum 20 cartridges (36 Exposure) at Room Temperature
Activated with Camera Shutter
Release Button or Winder Shutter
2.5 mm Mini-Jack, Remote-Control
Accessory Switch is available
Attach to the Camera
Screw-in to the tripod socket in the camera with guide pin channel
Action Lamp (Red LED)
Computerized Auto-Stop device when the film is finished
136.0 (L) X 88.5 (H) X 76.0 (W) mm
1. Film Winder Coupler4www.butkus.org
2. Rewinding Pin
3. Electrical Pin Connectors
4. Guide Pin
5. Remote Control Socket
6. Battery Container Detachable Button
7. Battery Container
S. Attachment Screw
9. Action Lamp
10. Shutter Release Button
11. Shutter Release Lock
12. C / S Indicator Lamp4www.butkus.org
13. C / S Dial
14. Rewind Lever
15. Tripod Socket
INSTALLING THE BATTERIES
If the motor stops during the film transport, it indicates that the batteries have insufficient power to drive the motor. Immediately, replace the batteries with a fresh set.
Install the batteries correctly to avoid malfunction of the Power Winder and to avoid the possibility of the batteries leaking.4www.butkus.org
NOTE: Always remove the battories when the power winder
is not in use for a long time. When replacing batteries all four (4) batteries
must be replaced.
ATTACHING TO THE CAMERA
ATTACHING TO THE CAMERA
2. Insert the guide pin (4) into the pin recepticle located on the bottom of the camera. Align the attachment screw (8) to the tripod socket of the camera and rotate the attachment screw clockwise until the Power Winder is securely fastened to the camera body (Fig. 3).
2. Each time the shutter release button is depressed single frame shooting will result. The film will automatically be advanced one frame and the shutter will be cocked ready for the next exposure.
2. Continuous shooting will result as long as the shutter release button is depressed.
The Chinon Power Winder employs an electronic LED (red) which illuminates when the shutter is tripped and during the instant the film is automatically advanced. This action light confirms that the Power Winder and camera are functioning properly.4www.butkus.org
Remote control photography can be accomplished with your new Power Winder by means of the special remote control accessory switch available from your CHINON dealer. (Fig 6 ).
2. Set the remote control switch to the off position and plug it into the remote control socket (5) of your Power Winder.
S. Set the C / S Dial (l8) to either the "C" or "S" position.
For single frame exposure, the Remote Control switch is set to the on position. A frame will be exposed each time the remote control switch is turned on.4www.butkus.org
NOTE: If you use the Chinon Wireless Controller which is available as an optional acceessory, you can control this Power Winder remotely at a distance of approx. 40 meters (13.12 Ft.).
REWINDING THE FILM
2. Push up the rewind lever (14) as indicated by the arrow mark on the Power Winder and rewind the film by turning the rewind crank in a clockwise direction on the camera (Fig. 7).
3. If the Power Winder is not in use, the C / S Dial should be returned to the off position. If the Power Winder is not in use for a long period of time, remove the batteries from the unit.
4. The C/S Dial on the power winder should be set with clicked position.
The Chinon Power Winder is provided with a tripod socket so that it may be secured to a tripod (Fig. 9 ).